One of the things that we love about the warmer months is the abundance of fresh vegetables. We also love to make food that is as pleasing to our eyes as to our stomachs. Here’s another FaceFood recipe.
This is a nutrient dense, colorful, flavorful and easy to make salad. It kept us full for hours and got us through two hours of tennis.
- 1 avocado
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 head of red cabbage
- 1 large red tomato
- 1 can of chick peas
- 1 bunch of arugula
- 1 bunch of kale
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 3 limes
- Olive oil (olives en folie)
- Wash the sweet potato and spiralize with skin on (the skin has many nutrients). Cut the spirals in half.
- Slice yellow pepper into ribbons
- Cut red cabbage in half and cut into ribbons
- Core and slice tomato
- Open can of chick peas, rinse and drain thoroughly
- Slice kale into ribbons
- Core and Slice avocado into strips
- Heat a medium size frying with two tablespoons of olive oil. Saute sweet potato until slightly wilted.
- Zest the limes and put into mixing bowl
- Juice the three limes
- A teaspoon of grated ginger
- Add ½ cup of olive oil and whisk. Add salt and pepper as needed.
Place kale and arugula on the bottom of the plate. Place shredded cabbage on top of that. Sprinkle half a cup of chick peas onto plate. Put half a sliced tomato on one side of the plate. Place one half of the avocado on the side and then the sliced pepper.
Place a mound of the sauteed sweet potatoes in the middle of the plate and then sprinkle the chia seeds all over.
Spoon dressing on salad.