Happy Wellness Wednesday! Here's an elegant dish that's fast and super healthy. Tip: Wild salmon has way more vitamins, minerals, and omega 3 fatty acids than regular salmon, so splurge on a good piece of fish! We had fun plating this one for guests, but it can just as easily be ready to eat in minutes!
- 2 6-ounce wild salmon filets (we shop at Costco and buy a large piece of the organic wild salmon and cut it into filets and freeze them)
1 head of cauliflower
4 Anaheim peppers
1 cup of Tri-color couscous
1 ½ cups of vegetable stock
1 lemon sliced into very thin slices
1 lemon (zested before juicing)
2 cloves of garlic chopped very fine.
1 tsp of cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons of butter
Sprig of Basil
Cauliflower and Peppers
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a sheet pan. Drizzle olive oil and salt and pepper on the pan.
Cut cauliflower into bite size pieces. Toss onto pan.
Slice peppers into quarters length-wise and toss and toss onto pan.
Toss the vegetables with the olive oil on the pan keeping them separate. Spinkle cayenne pepper onto the cauliflower.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until tender.
- Bring vegetable stock to a boil and add a teaspoon of salt. Turn off heat. Add couscous and stir. Cover and let sit for five minutes. Do not uncover until ready to serve. When you are ready to serve fluff up the couscous with a fork.
- Heat a medium size saucepan with the butter, garlic and a bit of olive oil.
- Cook garlic until slightly fragrant. Make sure filets are dry and place salt and pepper the salmon filets on the flesh side.
- Place fish filets in saucepan skin side UP. Cook over medium heat for three minutes.
- Turn over and raise heat slightly and cook for another three minutes.
- Remove from heat immediately. Add the zest and the juice of one lemon and cook on high heat until reduced.
Using a round molding ring place couscous in the ring and gently pack down. Carefully remove ring and top couscous with a sprig of basil. Add cauliflower and peppers and then add the salmon filet. Pour lemon sauce over the salmon and serve.