We have been saying we are going to make more slow cooker recipes for years. EVERY time we do, the recipe is delicious. I guess food doesn't like to be rushed! SLOW and LOW for meats is always a winning formula and this time is no different. The seasoning is delicious and hits the spot when you are craving those incredible classic Mexican spices. This is a very filling soup and is delicious with buttered english muffin, baked pita chips, or our jalapeno corn bread.
Active time: 20 mins Total time: 6 hours and 20 mins Yields 4-6 servings
- 1 10 oz. can Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce (or salsa which we often use)
- 1 14.5 oz. can chicken broth
- 1 10 oz. can diced tomatoes and green chili
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 jalapenos, deseeded and diced small
- 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 1 cup diced yellow or white onion
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup scallions sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 boneless skinlesschicken breasts, each quartered
- Salt to taste
(all optional but highly recommended):
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese (cheddar)
- Sliced avocado
- Fresh cilantro
- Pomegranate seeds
- Add all ingredients in to the slow cooker and stir together.
- Set slow cooker on 4 or 6 hour setting and let cook (or low-for 6 hours-this will depend on your settings.)
- One to two hours before cooking time is finished, use two forks to shred the chicken. YUM!
- Serve with toppings of your choice!
- LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK :)