This meal is the perfect combination of comforting and refreshing. Pomegranate, kale, cauliflower, sweet potato, goat cheese and more all in one delicious bowl. We've found our go to summer salad and it's perfect. It fills you up, yet leaves you wanting more. It's incredibly healthy, although you still feel like you've treated yourself. Fresh summer produce makes this 10 times more delicious than normal and we gotta say, we've outdone ourselves. This is one you need to try. It's vegetarian but you can easily beef up this salad with your protein of choice (chick peas, nuts, chicken, tuna, etc.).
- 1 cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 red onion slices
- 1 large sweet potato sliced into 1 inch disks
- Extra virgin olive oil to drizzle + 4 tbsps for dressing
- 1 medium bunch of kale
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 1 small bunch of parsley, chopped
- 1 small bunch of coriander, chopped
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- Goat cheese (about 1-2 tbsps per dish)
- Optional: Pumpkin seeds
- Turn the oven on to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Put the sweet potato whole in the microwave for 6-7 minutes, turning every 2 minutes. Stab with a fork to see if it's ready. Once it was ready we brushed each slice (both sides) with olive oil, sprinkled with salt and pepper, and threw it on the grill for some extra char and flavor. This last step is optional.
- Next, toss the cauliflower and onions with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a pan in the oven at 400 for 35 minutes or until slightly brown. Let cool for your salad (place in fridge to speed this part up!)
- While veggies are cooling you can start the messy process of getting the seeds from the pomegranate. First smack the sides of the fruit with the back of a spoon to loosen everything up. Then slice in half and start picking off the seeds. You can do this in a bowl of water to avoid staining anything. Or you can buy the seeds already separated.
- Next wash your kale, remove stems and chop into smaller bite sized bits. Place in a large bowl.
- Add everything to the kale. This includes cooled veggies (cauliflower and onions), sweet potato, pomegranate seeds and goat cheese.
- For the dressing, combine 4 tbsps of olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, some parsley and coriander, and salt and pepper. Shake to combine.
- Toss the salad and enjoy this healthy/satisfying meal!