Aloe vera is our favorite skincare ingredient. It repairs, heals, and protects simultaneously making it a fantastic ingredient to prevent problems and bring balance to your skin. It's great for sensitive skin and also helps control oil production. We've also never seen an ingredients heel skin faster than aloe vera (not even polysporin heal fast formula can compare). It has a unique ability to accelerate skin regeneration after minor damage. Cleopatra was famous for using aloe vera and it's not shocking that experts have now found it to be packed with anti-aging/healing ingredients. A 2009 study found that oral intake of aloe vera resulted in fewer facial wrinkles and improved skin elasticity. Its naturally occurring nutrients and moisturizing elements actually help to increase collagen production, firm up skin and plump out wrinkles. They have plenty of drinks you can buy now. But applying it topically is also fantastic. Fun fact, did you know that aloe vera plants are part of the cactus family AND that there are 26 different kinds of it which all look unique!?
What's in Aloe Vera?
- Aloe vera contains antioxidant vitamins A, C and E — plus vitamin B12, folic acid and choline.
- It contains eight enzymes, including aliiase, alkaline phosphatase, amylase, bradykinase, carboxypeptidase, catalase, cellulase, lipase and peroxidase.
- Minerals such as calcium, copper, selenium, chromium, manganese, magnesium, potassium, sodium and zinc are present in aloe vera.
- It provides 12 anthraquinones — or compounds known as laxatives. Among these are aloin and emodin, which act as analgesics, antibacterials and antivirals.
- Four fatty acids are present, including cholesterol, campesterol, beta-sisosterol and lupeol — all providing anti-inflammatory results.
- The hormones called auxins and gibberellins are present; they help with healing wounds and have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Aloe vera provides sugars, such as monosaccharides (glucose and fructose) and polysaccharides.
Prevents signs of aging
Treats and prevents acne and helps reduce redness/inflammation
Helps heal and soothe sunburns
Heals wounds and insect Bites
Reduces stretch marks